Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Not just "the floor" anymore

>> Thursday, October 12, 2017

Welcome!

I have a fun step by step tutorial for you today!



Don't you hate being told what to do?  When it happens to me I usually find a way to do something different.  That's kind of what happened to me when I saw our new "Floor" stamp sitting on my desk.  Naming it "The Floor" implies that's the only thing it will do, so I tweaked it a bit and made it into a table top 😁  (It could also be a tile floor as well!)

Here are the steps I took -

Step 1 - scrap of paper approx 2 1/2 x 5 and stamped our Homemade For You stamp using black ink


Step 2 - mask image


 Step 3 - Stamped our Floor image on top using black ink


Step 4 - Using a black marker and a ruler I drew in some horizontal lines 


Step 5 - remove mask



Step 6 - color image

Step 7 was to trim my card stock, add the flower pot/pumpkin combo from our new Pumpkin Patch image - which ended up being the hard part of this card because there was some grass in the image that I removed by wiping off the ink (on the rubber) on the grass before I stamped it and using a marker to fill in some lines that got wiped off as well.  I stamped the Give Thanks greeting using black ink, added a little turquoise sponging and layered it on purple and then on a folded orange card which was embossed with my swiss dots folder.  The twine was simply wrapped 4 times around my 2 fingers and tied off in the center with a separate piece and attached.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sue

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, I love your idea of altering the floor - so fun and it looks fabulous!!! Super combination of images to go on The Counter now. I really like how you altered the pumpkin before stamping - I have been struggling with hiding the grass. Great card, TFS. Hugz

Shelia said...

Great way to use the floor stamp, Sue. It looks great! Good combo of images & colors!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh, and I hope this will be a stamp too!! I love the checkerboard table cloth in perspective. just beautiful Sue! All the little goodies look so good too!

Karin said...

What a creative use of the floor stamp! That is an amazing tablecloth and I love all the fall treats displayed on it! Great tutorial too :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How fun & creative, Sue! Love the bright colors & mix of images to make up your fancy Thanksgiving table.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP