Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Da Rules!

>> Saturday, August 5, 2017

Good morning!

This card was done for Nancy (actually a challenge that Nancy hosted at SCS), as well as for today's blog post.  I used corrugated cardboard and peeled parts of it off for a real distressed look then added some dry brush paint in white, black and patina.  


I stamped the fish, the sign and the sentiment all separately colored and then fussy cut the fish and sign.  The sign was then sponged with walnut ink Distress on the edges.  I cut the sentiment in a small strip and sponged the edges and that of the fish as well.
I cut a piece of gauze and dyed it with Tea Dye Distress refill.  I did not leave it long, just wanted an aged look the the "fishing net".

Next up:
This card started out as a plastic wrap technique (my background) see the technique used HERE.


I then found some card stock with the colors from my background and made a card base and frame.  I stamped Wild Thing with VersaFine to get a good black image, using my Misti.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut the flamingo scene and glued it to my background.

Thanks for visiting today!!
Robin


7 comments:

Sue said...

2 more winners Robin! Love the manly look of the fishing card - especially the fishing net! Your palm tree card is totally groovy! Love the background - reminds me of heat waves, perfect for the background of the flamingos!

Shelia said...

Great cards, Robin. T like the plastic wrap background on the flamingo one. It turned out great. I need to try that technique!

Janett said...

Robin, your cards are beautiful! I love the plastic wrap background.

nwilliams6 said...

I adore this card!!! I love everything about how you made it - great techniques and materials. Some beautiful designing, Robin. Rustic and fun.

Karin said...

Oh, that fishing card is just incredible! I love the netting, it adds such great texture and your rustic color makes everything look so realistic! I'm blown away by the pretty background on your second card too!

Samantha said...

Two outstanding cards here, Robin! The fishing card has such depth and texture, it's just gorgeous. The flamingo card is awesome too! I love the bright colors and that's some pretty impressive fussy cutting!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are fabulous, Robin! Your fishing card is perfect...love the distressed wood bg & gauze. The colors on your flamingo card are just wonderful. So tropical & bright!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP