Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Retirement Time

>> Monday, June 12, 2017

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a good weekend and were able to find some time to get creative. I've been playing around with TH Distress Oxide inks and thought I'd share a couple of cards with you.

On this first card, I started with some watercolor paper, the oxide inks and a TH clockwork stencil. I wanted to create retirement cards, so I thought the stencil with clocks would be perfect. So I taped the paper and stencil onto a craft mat and sponged the inks onto the watercolor paper, blending the inks together. I really like the chalky look of these oxide inks. The As you Retire greeting was stamped on to the same water color paper, die cut and layered onto a die cut label. Everything is attached to a black card base.


The second card uses the same water color paper, oxide inks and stencil, only this time I sponged and blended the inks onto the water color paper, sprayed the back of the stencil with water and carefully laid it onto the paper. I used a paper towel to wipe up the excess water. After just a few minutes the inks react with the water and the stencil image appears. I really like the look this technique creates.




The God Bless your Retirement greeting was stamped onto white CS with Versafine Onyx ink, die cut and layered on a black oval. A punched strip was added to the center, along with gingham ribbon before attaching everything to the white card base. A blue button and bakers twine complete the look.

Thanks for stopping by today!

blessings,
shelia




6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Sheila, some awesome techniques and I love your stencils, colors, and details on these cards. Beautifully done. Hugz

Sue said...

2 very attention grabbing cards Shelia! I love the clock theme with the retirement stamps - genius!! I like the subtler look of the 2nd a little better and I'd love to watch the image appear :)

Janett said...

Love your backgrounds Shelia, Both cards are perfect.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh I love your bgs! Totally cool and wonderful colors! I love the clockworks!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wow! Your backgrounds are beautiful, Shelia! I've been debating on whether or not to get the oxides...I'd really like them to be minis instead of full size. Your retirement cards are just lovely!

Karin said...

Amazing backgrounds! Such a great idea to use timepieces for a retirement themed cards!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP