Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Snowy Days

>> Friday, January 20, 2017

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Ever have one of those weeks where every order, every phone call, every single thing had a problem? This has been that week. Every order I placed that arrived was either the wrong thing, the wrong color or it just went missing all together. Every phone call didn't get any of the problems resolved, faxes didn't get here, mail didn't arrive, checks sent didn't get there....hair pulling time. Oh and winter didn't arrive, either. Kind of feels like I'm in the twilight zone. (Que music) do do do do, do do do do....

In homage to the winter that never was, I made a frosty winter card. That'll show 'em! While it may look a little simple, believe me, there's a lot going on here. First I brayered a really large acrylic block  using a blues rainbow pad, spritzed the block w/ water, then smushed it around w/ a water brush & stamped it onto the card stock. After it dried a little, I spritzed it w/ a spray I made w/ thinned white acrylic paint. Then the trees & snowflakes were white embossed on top. I wanted it to look really frosty! I added a white die cut frame & half of the Snowy Days greeting on an oval.
Here's a look at the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs : Snowy Days, Majestic Pines, Snow Bg
paper: white
ink: Versafine majestic blue (greeting), Kaliedacolor blue breeze, Colorbox frost white pigment
accessories: white embossing powder, Misti, thinned white acrylic paint in sprayer, brayer, In & Out rectangle & oval dies



5 comments:

Karin said...

How pretty! The colors are just gorgeous and I love the embossing...Looks like frosty snow :)

Sue said...

Amazing card Julie! Your background may have taken a bit of futzing, but I think it was well worth it! I hope next week "Murphy" goes to visit your neighbors and your life gets back to normal!!

Robin Clendenning said...

so pretty Julie!! I love all the white and the bg colors are beautiful!!
Your borders are beautiful as well my friend!!

Shelia said...

Gorgeous background, Julie. Love how those snowy pines stand out!

nwilliams6 said...

What a fab card, Julie. Perfect way to use that sentiment and your main panel is gorgeous! Wow. Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP