Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Good Friends and Christmas

>> Thursday, December 8, 2016

Welcome!

I have a fun Christmas card for you today.  I'm normally a more traditional color kind of Christmas girl, but I went a little outside my zone on this card and love how it came out.

This card was actually a 2 nighter.  I stamped and cut out the Holly Jingle Bells and then spent the rest of the evening trying out different color combos on scrap.  I had settled on more traditional colors and figured I'd color it and finish my card the next night.  However, on the second night when I sat down I just wasn't "feeling it" as I was trying to find the right color paper to go with my colored sample.  But the bright pink started calling my name :)





Once I had my colors the rest went pretty fast.  I cut the 4 squares and then framed the pink and green layers with dots from a silver sharpie.  The Friends Everyday Christmas Greeting sentiment was stamped in silver and seeing it looked a bit stark I added the silver dot frame to that as well.  You can't see it in the photo, but I thought the plain folded card was a little plain too, so in keeping with my dot theme, I used my swiss dots embossing folder.

Thanks so much for stopping by!





6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Love the pink and lime green - adds so much fun and cheerfulness! Love that you did your post in pink too. Some great fussy cutting and stacking on this super fun card. Hugz

Shelia said...

I love that you did your post in pink & green to match your card! I'm more of a traditional colors girl too, but this is super cute! Great design & pairing of sentiment.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty in the bright pink & lime green! I love non-traditional colors for Christmas. Also love the diagonal slant of the square.

Karin said...

These colors are so fun! I love the unexpectedness and the silver dots frame the image perfectly!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh, I love pink and green together! So pretty! Love the pink bells too! Beautiful card!
I love all the diamond framing for your bells! Your layout is great!

Janett said...

Very pretty Sue, I do love the Pink and green

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP